This question is a burning topic. Every student who wants to study computer science course has this question. Thus, here I am writing to highlight the main differences.
- BSc CSIT is a Computer Science program offered by Tribhuwan University.
- Computer Engineering exists on both Kathmandu University and Tribhuvan University.
- BIT is offered by Pokhara and Purbanchal University.
- BSc CSIT costs around 6 to 8 lakhs for 4 years.
- Computer engineering costs around 8 – 15 lakhs for years.
- BIT costs around 5 to 8 lakhs for 4 years
*All the costs are a general estimate and might go up or down in different college,
Course Of study:
- As BSc CSIT is a science degree, CSIT contains some basic science course like statistics, physics, mathematics, linear algebra etc.
- BIT is a general degree course, thus students from all the +2 faculties can apply, the course of study is very much similar to the BSc CSIT one. You might need to study certain management course depending upon the university.
- Computer engineering, students have to study subjects like drawing, thermodynamics, chemistry. Also, the course covers a lot about hardware stuff of the computer.
- If you are planning to become a good software developer, BSc CSIT or BIT will be the good choice
- If you want to become a hardware engineer, robotics engineer then Engineering will be the good choice for you.
- If you want to work as a computer adhikrit in the future, BE will be the easy way, since there is some issue with the government and IT courses regarding the enrollment process on that post.
- If you want to become a computer science researcher for example work on AI, Machine Learning. IT course will be good.
- If you want to be an IT businessman, BIT will be helpful since it contains some subjects regarding management.
At the ends, no matter what you study, the thing that most matters in the field of Information Technology is your skill. Skill in some specific domain will always help you to grab the best opportunity and make your future bright. To develop skills, university courses will barely help you. Everything you need to do to become a professional is self-study and ability to find the answers yourself.
Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. Also, I highly recommend you to download our app “CSIT Entrance” where we help a lot of students by answering their questions on the forum section.
Thanks for reading, catch you in the next one.